People who do not have access to the internet or connected device in today’s age face substantial challenges in accessing a variety of necessary services. Unfortunately, many low-income individuals and households are unable to afford connectivity services and devices. However, individuals who receive Food Stamps can thankfully qualify to receive a deeply discounted tablet through certain government benefit programs. Let’s check it out!
What is the Food Stamps or SNAP Program?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), originally known as the Food Stamp Program, is a government help program that provides low-income people with food-purchasing assistance. Individuals and households receiving SNAP assistance have their funds instantly deposited into their EBT card accounts each month. EBT cards can be used to pay for food at supermarkets, convenience shops, food merchants, and even some farmers’ markets by SNAP members.
How to Apply for the Food Stamp Benefit?
To apply for the Food Stamp benefit, follow the instructions below:
- Go to https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/state-directory.
- There, you can find your state and local offices and phone numbers. Do so by clicking on your state of residence.
- You can apply by contacting the specified phone number, visiting a nearby local office, or completing an online application, depending on what your state offers. In any case, you’ll have to supply some personal information as well as proof of your eligibility.
Is It Possible to Get Free Tablets with Food Stamps?
If you are SNAP-eligible or currently participate in the government assistance program, you may be wondering if there are any additional advantages available via the program apart from food. For instance, you could be asking if you can acquire a free tablet through the SNAP (Food Stamp) program.
YES, SNAP-eligible individuals can receive a free tablet. However, you must fulfill specific eligibility standards in order to obtain this necessary technological device. You must, for example, come from a low-income family or have children who are still in school.
Read more: How to Get a Free iPhone with Food Stamps
Which Free Tablets With Food Stamps Can You Get?
Because their offerings are dependent on the state and availability, most Lifeline and/or ACP suppliers do not announce which tablet brands and models they give in advance. The majority of Lifeline/ACP providers sell new or reconditioned mid-range tablets with 4G connection and all of the essential capabilities. You may receive one of the following devices if you are a Lifeline/ACP subscriber:
- Alcatel Joy Tab
- KonnectONE Moxee Tablet
- Apple iPad Mini 2
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S
- Apple iPad Air
Some high-end tablet devices like Apple iPad Air, Apple iPad Mini, and Samsung Galaxy Tab S… are available on AirTalk Wireless with only a one-time payment of $10.01.
How to Get A Free Tablet with Food Stamps?
To receive free tablets with food stamps, you can apply via the Lifeline and ACP providers by following these steps below:
- Apply for food stamp and from this, you can participate in Lifeline and ACP programs.
- Choose your Lifeline and ACP provider.
- Head to their website. Find the Apply button, and click on it to start your application.
- Fill out your information and your proof of eligibility for a free tablet. At the step of choosing your eligibility, you can check the box of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Then, you will have to submit it to both your providers and National Verifier.
- Choose your eligible tablet.
- After your application gets approved, you will receive your free tablet after 5-7 business days.
It might be challenging to find free tablets for low-income folks. However, several federal government programs, such as ACP, provide free tablets to persons who use SNAP and other government assistance programs. If you are in SNAP/food stamp programs, choose your preferred Lifeline and ACP and start your application today.