Participants of various government assistance programs such as SNAP/Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI and more may be eligible to receive benefits from the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). As a result, lucky food stamp recipients will be able to receive free iPhones from approved carriers. Let’s check out how to get a free iPhone with food stamps.
What is the Food Stamps Program?
Currently referred to as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Food Stamps is a well-known federal program that helps low-income families and individuals access free food and nutrition assistance. The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Nutrition Service oversees the Food Stamps program budget, and individual amounts are distributed families and individuals based on overall income and expenses.
Families and individuals who qualify for Food Stamps can receive a free iPhone through the Lifeline and ACP programs. If you are a SNAP recipient and want a free iPhone, all you have to do is use your SNAP membership to qualify for the Lifeline or ACP free phone. Through the service, you may also enjoy reduced internet, free minutes, and SMS.
Is It Possible to Get a Free iPhone with Food Stamps?
Individuals can qualify to receive a free iPhone as a part of the Lifeline and ACP program through various mobile service providers. According to the FCC’s rules and conditions, only eligible applicants can qualify for these programs to receive a free iphone. During the enrollment process, applicants will need to upload certain documents to confirm dentification, income, or participation in a qualifying government benefit program.
Food Stamps Eligibility
Individuals must meet one of the below eligibility criteria to receive benefits from the Food Stamps/SNAP program, per federal regulations. These requirements are outlined as follows:
- Work: SNAP recipients must work at least 30 to 80 hours per week. Students and caregivers (of children under the age of six, elderly individuals, disabled people, and patients in drug rehabilitation) will work an average of 30 hours per week.
- Income: Household members’ gross monthly income should be 135% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines to be eligible for a Free iPhone with Food Stamps.
- Resources: A household saving could be a maximum of $2,250 in a bank account or equivalent sources.
- Immigration status: If you are a legal immigrant and living for 5 years in this country receiving disability assistance or any other benefit.
- Housing expense: When the housing cost of a household is 30% or less of its monthly income, it is considered eligible for Food Stamps.
- Student: Students who are struggling due to low income are eligible for SNAP.
Which Providers Offer Free iPhone with Food Stamps
There are many Lifeline and ACP providers that offer free smartphones and mobile plans through Food Stamps. However, not all the providers offer iPhone in their plans. Below are some providers that have free iPhone in their plans.
Being an ETC (Eligible Telecommunications Carrier)/MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and a DBA of AirVoice Wireless, AirTalk Wireless provides free mobile devices and plans to those who qualify for the Lifeline and ACP programs. They provide the highest quality services and devices, outperforming all competitors in the market by providing the following to SNAP customers:
- A convenient and fast online application process.
- Free UNLIMITED monthly service, including talk, text, and high-speed data on one of America’s fastest and most reliable networks.
- The latest 4G/5G phones for qualifying customers.
- Free shipping.
- No monthly bills, no credit checks, no activation fees and no contracts
Cintex Wireless is a well-known service provider and one of the major suppliers of Lifeline services. Monthly services with free minutes, texts, data, and a free 4G LTE smartphone are available to qualified customers. Fortunately, Food Stamps recipients can qualify for the Lifeline and ACP program and receive a free iPhone with unlimited monthly service.
Food Stamps is the previous title of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). It is one of the government’s low-income support programs. Therefore, customers who qualify for this program can receive complimentary iPhones. They are putting out every effort to keep consumers connected. Cintex is also one of the few companies that provide iPhones for free.
How Food Stamps Recipients Can Apply for A Free iPhone?
To apply for a free iPhone with Food Stamps, follow these simple steps below:
Select your desired service provider: You can receive a free iPhone with Food Stamps from a Lifeline or Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) service provider. Therefore, you should first identify which providers have free iPhones available to provide. As mentioned, AirTalk Wireless and Cintex Wireless are the few providers offering free iPhones to Food Stamps recipients.
Fill out the application: After selecting your preferred provider, visit their official website and fill out an application.
Get approved: After applying, it will be reviewed and approved by the National Verifier. Then, your service provider will inform you of your application status. Once approved, your free iPhone will be shipped to you.
Read more: How Can I Get A Free Phone With Food Stamps
A free iPhone is surely an unbeatable deal that is thankfully offered to many qualifying Americans. There are many wireless providers that are working to provide these devices in addition to government assistance program like the Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If you receive Food Stamps benefits, don’t miss your chance to get a free iPhone.